Sunday, November 10, 2013

The best sides of the Alsace

[25.09.2013]
I’m sorry I didn’t make it to translate this post earlier. Chaos where ever I look.. It’s the third real school day today and still all teachers freak out. Homework in nearly every subject and the first tests will also be soon. This Friday we’ll write a national wide German test that’s supposed to be written in 4 parts of Germany.. Really national..
But now it’s enough and we should start speaking about the good sides of life. That our school trip last week would be that fantastic wasn’t in my mind before because I was a bit skeptic concerning the teachers.
[The German version includes here a kind of rebuke for all people who know me personally and tell everybody about this blog and I said I wouldn’t be able to post some things if everybody knows who I am.]
Well but now we’ll finally go on. I was skeptic because I already had some shameful moments with one of the teachers that weren’t usual in school life but more in private life.. and I‘ve never really known whether I should like him or getting furious because of him. After this week I found out I really like him, although he’s a very bad teacher, he’s great as a person.  
I already told you about day number two and so I’ll go on with the other trips we did. As a compulsive destination in the Alsace we went to the parliament of course. What should I say about it? It’s a very huge building, in my eyes a bit cold and once a month people ‘make‘ politics there. That’s it and it even doesn’t become more interesting at your second visit..
Strasbourg as a town has fascinated me for a long time now. Everywhere the small alleys and houses in bonbon colours. The kind of magic over this city even reminds me a bit of Nuremberg.
It’s a bit depressing I have to look which towns we visited last week but after so many stations your brain is full anytime.
The visit of the Musée du chocolat was of course one of the highlights. I still feel sick when thinking of this mass of chocolate but it was sooo yummy :) You really should visit it if you love chocolate the way I do. You’ll see a lot of things about its history, the production and you also get free tasters.
And now the lowlights [does this word exist?] follows my highlight. The technical museum of Sinsheim gained the title lowlight for me. When I hear this name I think of whatever but not of three plains, two trains, hundreds of cars and a few clothes. If someone likes cars it’s probably perfect for him and walking around one time would have been ok but this was too much. And also you can’t take great photos of the ‘pretty’ cars because every cm is used -much more than in my suitcase. Besides the acoustic is a catastrophe. Everywhere there are some screens with movies or engines that make noises. And you can make sure your headache isn’t there because of the beer the evening before. But as I’ve already said: Car friends will love it.
A middlelight was the visit of Colmar. If you saw so many Alsatian cities in such a short time you don’t see a difference. Like in Strasbourg I loved the architecture but this visit wasn’t indispensable to life for me.
Strasbourg, Sélestat, Colmar, Kaysersberg and how they are called. It’s enough to visit two of them but the Alsace is worth visiting definitely. Here a few impressions of my vacation but please don’t ask where I took them..
_Marie_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment here!
Colorful greetings & a wonderful day
.Marie. :)