Saturday, November 9, 2013

The end of an era

[21.04.2013]
I feel a bit like Barney Stinson at the moment. For me, there’s also an era ending. It’s not like his ‘pharma girls era’ it’s about my lilac Chucks.
Last week I read in the new Laviva (German magazine) a great column about this topic. Are Chucks something that lasts forever? Is it something special to wear them with 30 or 40 years? Or are they just ‘urban and casual’? Miriam Collée’s text deals with this questions. For me, all answers are clear immediately. Of course, Chucks are something for the eternity, something ageless. Like a Louis Vuitton bag: simple, classic and stylish. I’m not a fan of several brands, it doesn’t bother me if a shirt costs 10 or 100€ but I can’t resist again these brands. The second question is answered very quickly as well: Yeah, why shouldn’t you wear these classics with 40 years? They are All Stars, to wear them is an honour, Chucks aren’t just footwear. Wearing them is an attitude towards life. And yes, maybe are these shoes urban but they are NOT casual. I really get angry, if somebody says things like this.
Meanwhile I got my second pair of Chucks. The first were turquoise and my ‘new’ ones are lilac. Unfortunately the lilacs are afflicted with infirmity but I can’t break up with these shoes. I think it’s always hard for women to throw away their shoes but it’s even harder if they are Chucks. I experienced so many things with these shoes. March 2011: I met my favourite football player -Pekka Lagerblom- with these shoes. Of course I wore them also at the next match. They were with me in Paris, Berlin, Nuremberg and half of Italy. I had my best date in them and survived hours of queuing for my first Sunrise Avenue concert. I managed my dancing class in them and they were always a faithful base for drawing in all boring geography lessons. The first time, I drove a car, I wore them and also at my first match of the KSC. These are just a few moments, I had with them. If I look at these Chucks, I don’t see shoes, I see all the things I’ve told you. They tell so many stories, more than a photo album ever will. Can you just throw a thing like this away? No, definitely not! I have to buy new ones but hopefully I’ll have as many perfect moments with them, as I had with my old ones.
I’m sure, I’m not gonna throw away my old Chucks and how Barney says: Everytime, an era ends, a new begins.
_Marie_
Follow me on Facebook:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment here!
Colorful greetings & a wonderful day
.Marie. :)