Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nuremberg meets Regensburg [1]

[15.08.2013]
Hello guys,
in some parts of Germany school has already started again but here in Germany the best time of the year has just begun. This year I’m not on vacation, but as I’ve already told you, I was at my aunt’s house last week. Otherwise only day trips are planned form y holidays like to Nuremberg or Regensburg. Both are wonderful cities in Bavaria that are worth to visit.
The trip to Nuremberg was already before the holidays began but I’d like to show you the nicest sides of the ‚Dürer - city‘ nevertheless.



Normally we go to Nuremberg by train. The train station isn’t the nicest one but it achieves its object. Much better than the train station are the small houses you can find in the whole pedestrian zone. Hardy nobody can pass the pretzel houses, which sell - honestly - the best pretzels in the world, without buying one. If pure, with butter or cheese [but no Emmentaler because it dries out so fast, an assistant told me], the pastry always tastes fantastic and sometimes I’d like to go there just for the pretzels. Last time I was in Nuremberg was on a Sunday and so all were closed, but cross your fingers and I’ll be there tomorrow again :) Beside the yummy food, Nuremberg has great shopping centers and a lot of history and culture. No, I don’t mean the ‚Lochgefängnisse‘ [very old prison], they are pretty ok at the first visit but after the third only boring. I speak about the nice castle, the small alleys, the old quaint stores and the Dürer-house. 



Probably it’s the first time I used the word ‘quaint’ but it suits perfectly for these stores. Also the Pegnitz [river through Nuremberg] is a great tourist attraction you can even experience on a gondola.



But the most important thing for me are the people who are always friendly, best example are the sellers in the Albrecht Dürer fan shop [is it apparent that I like Dürer?]. And it was in this shop I found a real treasure the last time. A book, printed in 1938. I hardy can’t read the writing but the first sentence: ‘From a beautiful bud […] a glorious flower developed […].’ made my buy it. And this one is for you, because you know: no vacation without a postcard :)
[Text: Hello my loved ones, the postcard from Nuremberg arrives at you with a little delay. And what would a visit of Bavaria’s nicest city be without buying sth. from the Albrecht Dürer fan shop? I bought two great books there and this card as well. I just like the modern interpretation of his wonderful artworks :) Enjoy the summer! Yours, Marie]




I can’t tell you more about Nuremberg because I’m already caught in dreams. Somehow I like all of this city, also the bedraggled ‚Löwensaal‘ [kind of concert hall] where our dear ‚Samu the Finn‘ smiled at me the first time. I’m united with this city because of so many different things and I’d also like to study there next year. Even if Regensburg has no chances to win the duel I wanna tell you something about the Oberpfalz‘ capital as well. But for today it’s enough and the second part arrives tomorrow or the day after ;) 




_Marie_
Follow me on Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment here!
Colorful greetings & a wonderful day
.Marie. :)