Sunday, November 10, 2013

Slow and steady...

[23.07.2013]
… wins the race! Sometimes you might wait for nothing but if there’s a short moment, you have more luck than judgment, it was all worth and your live at the phone when Germany’s newcomer has a jar at the ‘Nürnberger Stadtstrand’.
One of the most exciting calls I’ve ever had. Sweat beads and heart beating included!
I doubted that the interview with Vito Lavita would take part but the final answer made me happy all the more. If you don’t know Vito, just visit this page:
otherwise: enjoy reading!
(Interview was of course in German, so it’s possible that there are some small divergences but I tried to translate it as exact as it was possible for me.)

BB: Hello Vito! Thanks for taking time for me. How are you today?  Hallo Vito! Vito: Fine, I’m at the ‚Nürnberger Stadtstrand‘ with my cousin right now and
       have a beer. 

BB: Well, that’s always great! With Danzare
     (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgs9SY4sli8) you put a real summer
     hit on the market!
     How long do you already make music?
Vito: I make music since I’m a little child, actually since I was in my mother’s
      womb because my dad was a professional musician. I just grew up with it. 

BB: Do you play an instrument as well?
Vito: No, unfortunately not. But I hope, I can learn how to play one.

BB: What means making music for you?
Vito: Music is just a part of my life, without music I couldn’t live. Yes, that
       means music for me: Music means life.

BB: You’ve already said that the last time was very stressful. The video shoot
     and all the performances for example. What are your plans for the next
     weeks?
Vito: We’ll perform in Berlin soon and we’re trying to get some performances
       in Italy. It’s not clear yet, but I think and hope we’ll have some shows
       there soon.

BB: Are you also working at an album?
Vito: Yes sure. We’re working for this right now and produce it. It’ll hopefully
       be published in autumn. 

BB: Oh, I’m curious about it.
     The ‘Bildzeitung‘ (very famous tabloid press in Germany) calls Danzare
     summer hit of the year.
     Are you happy about this title or is it just needless pressure for you?
Vito: No, quite contrary. I’m very happy the ‚Bildzeitung‘ considers Danzare as
       a summer hit and I hope of course that’ll be soon like that. 

BB: You recorded Danzare with Toni Tuklan. Do you know him for a longer
     time or since the records?
Vito: I know Toni because of Goar B., the producer who already made Mambo
      No. 5. I know Toni for about a year, well actually because of the records.
      But I think we have a super relationship and it feels like I knew him for
      ages. 

BB: And who is your musical ideal?
Vito: I have no real ideal but I’d like to produce a song with Eros Ramazzotti!

BB: Really? What style would you prefer? His or yours? Because I think it’s very
     different.  
Vito: Well, I hope we could make a compromise and split the difference. 

This was the initial trick, but the second follows quick ;) 
Because typewriting takes so much time, that was just the first part of the interview. Second will follow tomorrow (hopefully).
_Marie_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment here!
Colorful greetings & a wonderful day
.Marie. :)