Sunday, November 10, 2013

‚Anziehungskraft‘

[14.10.2013]
Saturday, 13:21. My dad gives me a package. With a lot of anticipation I open the small box. Half a minute later a handsome man in the best age grins at me. Next to his photo you can read  ‚Shopping Queen‘.

 

The book that presents Guido Maria Kretschmer is called ‚Anziehungskraft. Stil kennt keine Größe‘ [Attraction. Style doesn’t know a size]and is his first book. Very excited I look at the first few pages, I haven’t thought I’ll get the book that early because there were delivery bottleneck because of the high demand.
I’m delighted at once. The book looks very expensive. The binder is made out of paperboard and it's also well printed. The pages are thick and coloured marked at the side for each chapter. I start reading immediately and I don't habe to take a bookmark because there's a nice fillet included.
The introduction makes me laugh because I know why I bought the book. I'm succumb to his charms.
It's wonderful reading the first book for weeks that's not for my term paper. I read a book because I want to read it. At page 15 I roll my eyes when I read 'How arise trends?'. It seems like Guido will make it in my bibliography as well.
Eight pages later Guido starts describing ten typical bodyforms, he tells the pros and cons of each type and gives fashion tips. I have to smirk when I read about the ‚sympathischen Brett‘ [kind board] because a lady comes to my mind at once. 100 pages later, I wonder which type I am, probably a mix..
I think it’s so kind how Guido talks about his mother, you feel in each word the deep connection they have and I remember some shoppinghelper-mums who got a lot of compliments of Guido.
After the ‚Buddhagirl‘ the last type, I read the briefings of the ten shapes. And also the chapters ‚Guidos Kleiderschrank‘‚ ‚Guidos Kaufrausch‘ and ‚Warenkunde‘ [Guido’s cupboard, Guido’s buying binge and merchandise knowledge]make it hard for me to stop reading my new favourite book at 1:45.
235 pages Guido Maria Kretschmer. They are full on funny stories, useful tips, a lot of drawings and the known charm of Mr. Shopping Queen. 


It’s great fun reading the book, I’d really like reading it for a second time now. There are just two tiny things I’d change: I would like to read more stories about representatives of the different types and I’d do the chapter with the briefing at first.  
I give the book 9,9 out of 10 points and am looking forward to a new book!
The price is 17,95€ in Germany, in Austria 18,50€.
Great fun with reading, your
_Marie_
Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Blog.BuntesBonbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment here!
Colorful greetings & a wonderful day
.Marie. :)