Saturday, November 9, 2013

A hero of my childhood

[20.02.2013]
I think the message of Otfried Preußler's death reached everybody today. Normally it irritates me a bit if one person dies and the whole word mourns because every day hundreds of children die and no one cares. But it's different if it is somebody like Otfried Preußler, he was one of the most popular German authors. As a child, I think nobody passes by his books like ‘The little water-sprite’, ‘The little ghost’ and ‘The Robber Hotzenplotz'. I can remember the times, my mum read to me until I could read them on my own. In the fifth grade we read a reading I've never heard before, called 'Krabat'. An exciting story, full of black magic and love at the same time. A book that shudders you and was as well a fantastic model for the homonymous movie.  As the other books I mentioned, Krabat is also a work of Otfried Preußler. I am enthusiastic of the diversity this man created. And I think it's the aim of every writer to be mentioned in one row with him.
Because the word of the month February was 'Book' and I think we should honour such a great man, I've written this post.
Thank you very much for the beautiful timeless stories which I'll read to my children and grand-children with a smile on my lips, one day. Rest in peace, dear Otfried Preußler.
_Marie_
Follow me on Facebook:                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment here!
Colorful greetings & a wonderful day
.Marie. :)