Saturday, November 9, 2013

Decorate tortes

[18.02.2013]
This post is about a German magazine, I don’t know if this is interesting for you or if you have the same in your country. I’ve seen a spot on TV about a new baking magazine for a few days now and yesterday my mum bought it for me. I was very happy and started of course with unpacking it, suddenly. There was already the first thing that annoyed me: at least 1m² of paperboard for nothing. Only the presents were fixed there, but it wouldn’t be difficult to fix them on the mag. The price of 1,50€ was very cheap, but that was only for the first edition, the next will cost 4,99€, in my opinion pretty expensive for a journal that is released every two weeks. A present this week was a cupcake stand made of paper. I really like the design. Top!
Present number two were two butterfly cookie cutters. Very cute, but I thought they would be made of plastic, but it was lacquered metal instead. The varnish doesn’t look very keeping, I think it will be on my cookies someday. Don’t know what to say about it.
Third addition was some pink glitter for decorating cupcakes or whatever to eat. But on the tin you could read: 'Deko-Glitter ist ungiftig und nicht gesundheitsschädlich, jedoch nicht zum Verzehr bestimmt. Daher wird empfohlen, Deko-Glitter sparsam auf Backwaren aufzutragen und vor dem Verzehr zu entfernen.'[1] Er, what? They give you something to decorate your food, but you can’t eat. That‘s a shame! Flop!
After I was pretty annoyed because of the utensils, I continued with the mag. And already I hold the first paper in my hand while the rest fell down. Ok, well. I have a booklet with delicious looking cakes I’d really like to make now, at least theoretically. Opening the –now hopefully- right magazine, I have the next paper in my hands ‚Order now!' and the next: A warm welcome to your new collection!'. Hm, I don’t geht this sentence. And then of course a paper with the preview for the next few journals. And then, you might not believe: the magazine. Yes, really. It contains unbelievable 23 pages. And now attention: There are five recipes in it. FIVE! I’m sure you still can’t believe that.
I have to say, I’m very disappointed! If I had to pay 5€ I would be very angry now, but 1,50€ is okay because I really like the stand. The recipes are explained in very easy steps and the photos are beautiful. What I don’t like, is the fact that the cover shows another cupcake stand, not the one you got.
Bag the first edition if you still can get one, if you have to impress somebody, you’ll find one or two recipes but it’s no good idea for baking fans..
_Marie_
Follow me on Facebook:                                 



[1] Glitter is not poisonous and not bad for your health but don’t eat it. Put just a bit on your food and remove it before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment here!
Colorful greetings & a wonderful day
.Marie. :)