Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nuremberg meets Regensburg [2]

[17.08.2013]
Hello my dears,
after two posts about my secret winner you can finally read my post about Regensburg today. And tomorrow it’s the Colour of the month’s turn and my whole plan delays but that’s just the nice thing of a blog: posting things then, when you want.
If I think about Regensburg at first the cathedral and the stone bridge come to my mind. 


Then the wonderful day with my best friend there last year. Who wants to go shopping should prefer Regensburg instead of Nuremberg because the shopping trip can begin in Regensburg right after the arrival at the train station in the ‘Arcaden’. There you can buy everything, no matter if you’re looking for shoes, books or nail polish, you’ll always find something. For somebody who wishes a bigger choice, the city offers a giant supply. Two weeks ago, I found a very great book store that helped me a lot for my term paper. But now enough shopped.



Even people who aren’t religious should have visited the cathedral, I wonder every time about the beautiful mosaic windows and the Jesus at the right hand side whose beard grows apparently, I get gooseflesh at every visit. 


Besides that, Regensburg has a
marvellous park next to the train station, there you can spend hours, only looking at the fountains. The capital of the Oberpfalz offers both: typical city things like shopping centres but also some quiet places that invite you chilling. 


That’s a fact I miss a bit in Nuremberg, but there’s always something happening. In Regensburg it’s also pretty easy to get lost because everything is so winding but the cathedral is a very good  possibility to orientate in that case ;)
As I’ve already said: Both cities are it worth visiting and even if you’ve already were up to mischief there, I’m sure there are a lot of corners you haven’t seen, which want to be explored.
In my opinion Nuremberg won narrowly, but that’s just because my interest for Albrecht Dürer, convince yourselves on your own!
_Marie_
Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Blog.BuntesBonbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment here!
Colorful greetings & a wonderful day
.Marie. :)