Sunday, November 10, 2013

Attention, big crop!

[05.09.2013]
Maybe some of you have already heard about my fruit trees, I swoon over from time to time. Meanwhile I got three cherries, a peach, an apple, a pear and a plum. And for fruit trees it's usual to do a big crop in automn. You could use my fruits for ice cream, pies, jam, stewed fruit, syrup *bonbons* and whatever. Well, you could.
To be honest, my peach Persi [Yes, all of my trees have names] had to fight against the leaf curl. Nothing did help and so the result were 100 blooms but no single fruit.
Barne the pear and Anton the cherry are mine just since this year and so the neither had fruits. 
Riku, my apple started blooming last year in December. Maybe we can crop some candied apples for Christmas. But now?! Not really!
And so there are only three trees left and what should I say -Samu and Lilja the cherries don't like this year and show the modern bald look without leaves.
Shortly I get desperate. Six trees that didn't give me a single fruit, two of them no leaves as well.
But now it's enough self-pity, because my kind plum tree Oskar did it very well. The photo beyond shows the whole crop of my seven trees.


What should I do with them? Boil down? Freeze? Or just eat it all pure?
Next year will be better. I hope so!
_Marie_
Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Blog.BuntesBonbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment here!
Colorful greetings & a wonderful day
.Marie. :)